We care about how your personal information is used and shared. We take your privacy seriously.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES BOOKSMANGO COLLECT?
The Information we gather from consumers and customers enables Booksmango to personalize and improve our services and to allow our consumers and customers to set up accounts on the Website. In connection with the Website, we request and display some Information to other consumers and visitors of the Website, which allows consumers to identify authors and goods on the Website. We collect the following types of information from our consumers and customers.
Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or provide to us in any other way. The types of Information collected include, without limitation, your full name, email address, mailing address, phone number, IP address, browser information, password, contact information, transactional information based on your activities on the Website, and media consumed on the Website including, but not limited to, media viewed (including eBooks), played, downloaded, uploaded, and shared.
Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Website or services. Booksmango automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Booksmango cookie information, the page you requested, and the media you have consumed (e.g., viewed, played, downloaded, uploaded, and shared).
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. This type of data enables us to figure out how often consumers use parts of the Website or services so that we can make the Website appealing to as many consumers as possible, and improve those services.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Booksmango cookies do not collect Information, and except as necessary to investigate claims of fraud or other misconduct or as otherwise necessary to track purchases for purposes of calculating credit under our affiliate program, we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other personal Information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish a book, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
HOW DOES BOOKSMANGO USE MY INFORMATION?
The Information you provide is used for purposes such as responding to your requests for certain products and services, customizing the content you see, communicating with you about specials, sales offers, and new features, and responding to problems with our services.
Booksmango may use all of the Information that we collect from our users to understand usage trends and consumer and customer preferences, to improve the way the Website works and looks, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, and to create new features and functionalities.
Booksmango may use automatically collected information and cookies information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website; (b) provide custom, personalized content, and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; and (d) monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
Booksmango may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to you promotional or marketing information or to provide you with information about a specific program or feature you have elected to participate in or receive information about.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
WILL BOOKSMANGO SHARE ANY OF THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Information about our customers is an integral part of our business, and we may share such Information with our corporate parent or other affiliated entities. Except as expressly described below, we neither rent nor sell your Information to other people or nonaffiliated companies. We may share your Information when we have your permission, and we may share your Information under the following circumstances: We provide Information, (i) to the content owners (e.g., authors and publishers) that relates to their fans/readers (e.g., regarding which fans are consuming and sharing what pieces of media at what levels), subject to the ability of such fans to opt-out of promotional communications, and (ii) we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our consumers or customers, collectively, use our site (e.g., we share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and our Website, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience).
Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples of such information include, without limitation, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, analyzing data, processing credit card information, and providing customer service. Unless we tell you differently, such third party service providers do not have any right to use Information we share with them beyond what is reasonably necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Information for the above purposes.
Business Transfers: If Booksmango, or all or any portion of its business or assets, are acquired, sold, or otherwise transferred, including in any merger or other transaction, or in the unlikely event that Booksmango goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, consumer and customer Information would be one of the assets that is transferred to or acquired by the successor or acquirer (or a third party through bankruptcy). You acknowledge and agree that such transfers may occur in any of these circumstances, and that any acquirer or successor or other party acquiring all or any portion of Booksmango’s business or assets may continue to use your Information as set forth in this policy.
Protection of Booksmango and Others: We may release Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with any applicable laws, rules or regulations; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Booksmango, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Opt-In for Promotions: We do not share personally identifiable information with other third-party organizations for their marketing or promotional use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Information may be shared with third parties, and will have the option of preventing the sharing of this information.
IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
Your Booksmango account Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to protect unauthorized access to your account and Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. If you share your password or your Information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lost control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your Information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if you password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Booksmango and change your password.
Booksmango attempts to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private; however, Booksmango cannot guarantee or ensure the security of user account information. Not even the U.S. government appears capable of securing highly sensitive personal and national security information from unauthorized access, use, and exploitation. Unauthorized entry or use by third parties, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time, including your Information.
WHAT INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Booksmango may allow you to access certain information about you through the author dashboard (for authors), and/or customer accounts, for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS; LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”), we will never knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information to Booksmango through the Website represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Website is hosted in the United States. If you are a customer or client accessing the Website from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, that differ from United States laws, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions.
By providing your personal data to Booksmango through the Website, you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Mr. George, Data Protection Officer for further details
On ordering with us
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
Handling this data also allows us to:
– Send you important account/order/service information.
– Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
– Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
– Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
Additionally we may also collect the following information:
– Location and traffic data (including IP address and browser type) if you place an order, or if we need to estimate taxes and shipping costs based on your location.
– Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
– Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website.
– Account email/password to allow you to access your account, if you have one.
– If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
Newsletter subscription & emails
If you have subscribed to our newsletter or if you are a member of our website (you can log in) or if you have purchased on our website, there is a good chance you will receive emails from us.
We will only send you emails which you have signed up to receive, or which pertain to the services we provided to you.
To send you emails, we use the name and email address you provide us. Our site also logs the IP address you used when you signed up for the service to prevent abuse of the system.
This website send emails through an email serve provider. This service allows us to track opens and clicks on our emails. We use this information to improve the content of our newsletters.
No identifiable information is otherwise tracked outside this website except for the email address.
Last Updated May 25, 2018